Electrical Maintenance Engineer
NOW - 06/12/2021
Full job title: Electrical Maintenance Engineer
UK Facilities Solutions Ltd, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent UK Facilities Solutions are a multi trade building services provider specialising in the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure sectors. Working on our busy client site in Tunbridge Wells, Kent you will be an integral part of our onsite maintenance team.
Skills & Experience Required
• A proven background in a similar role, ideally in commercial electrical maintenance
• C&G 2360 Pt 1 & Pt 2, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
• 18th or 17th Edition (3rd Amendment) IEE wiring qualified
• Good understanding of BS5266-1:2016 – Emergency Lighting
• Able to pass an Enhanced DBS check
• Working knowledge of Health and Safety at work
• Good literacy and numeracy skills and ability to use a range of IT based applications (including email and office programs as well as job management and certification software)
• C&G (2394 & 2395) or 2391 Testing and Inspection
• Fire alarm installation and maintenance knowledge to include good working knowledge of BS5839
• HVAC & mechanical systems knowledge
• Experience in operating and interlinking to BMS
• Experience in data cabling installation and testing
• IPAF & PASMA qualified
• Experience in preparing RAMS and H&S documentation
Role Overview & Responsibilities
• Work as part of the maintenance team and other electricians within the wider UKFSL team to ensure compliance with all relevant statutory, technical and job specific specifications and requirements
• Ensure that routine PPM is carried out to all equipment and installations in accordance with site task schedules and asset lists
• Ensure that reactive tasks throughout the building are completed and be proactive in highlighting areas where improvements can be made. Reactive calls may also include mechanical and fabric related items.
• Ensure that sub-contractors perform to meet the requirements of their contract. Administer sub-contractor work approvals and safe operation while repair or service is carried out on site.
• To operate a Permit to Work System in accordance with UKFSL Quality, Health & Safety procedures and client requirements.
• Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out both maintenance and reactive works. To provide parts lists and estimated timescales to carry out remedial works.
• Ensure that all relevant paperwork or electronic job sheets are completed regarding PPM reactive and breakdown works and that it is passed without delay to the contract administrator.
• Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are always prepared and used for all tasks undertaken to ensure safe working practices.
• To develop and maintain good positive working relationship with all members of staff, subcontractors and the client representatives.
• Ensure the provision of a Safe and Healthy working environment. To include the wearing of uniform and PPE at all times.
• Ensure that a professional image of UKFSL is always presented to clients.
• Ensure an awareness and compliance to the contractual KPI's/SLA's.
• Ensure Computer Based Maintenance system, e.g. Concept is kept up to date and that PPM and reactive tickets are closed out with accurate data captured.
• Any other task as directed by the Site management team
• Occasional out of hours working and providing on call cover as part of shared rota.
The role will require working one weekend in three.
• Skilled electrical engineer with a service delivery background and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent relationship management, organisational/communication skills and the ability to work under pressure on multiple projects are integral to the role.
• Able to influence people through clear, concise communication skills in both verbal and written format
• Self Motivated
• Problem solver and analytical thinker
UK Facilities Solutions is an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Reference ID: Electrical Maintenance April 2021
Closing date: 06-03-2022
How to apply
Other: Please respond by email stating your current salary and salary expectations in your application. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org